Listening to a conference call as we do every Friday. Dreading every minute of this conference call. I get news, which is somewhat unexpected and frightening on this certain Friday conference call. My boss tells us that he has prostate cancer. I think I heard all 9 reps on the other line breathing it was so silent. 58 years old, a man with passion and fire for Rawlings. Has worked for Rawlings for 29 years. Randy has been very good to me and has taught me a lot about business and sales.
Not only is Randy my boss, but a former pro cyclist. He lives in Texas and has ridden with Lance multi times, as well as Hincapie. It saddens my heart to see a cyclist or boss or anybody go through this. I know cyclist are more prone to prostate cancer and it definitely sends an alert to me to get checked out sooner than later. I know Alex and I love this video and I have posted it before, but its a good one. Please keep Randy in your prayers and that everything will work out as planned. Randy and I have been talking for about 4 years about riding together and it has not happened yet. I sure hope I can get my ride with him one day.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment